By the end of the seminar, you will have answers to the following questions
- Which IELTS test should I take? IELTS Academic or IELTS for UKVI? IELTS on paper or IELTS on Computer?
- When should I take IELTS?
- How do I take the next step?
- What skills do I need to maximise my score in the IELTS Speaking test? (for 22nd January 2020)
- What techniques and skills do I need to maximise my score for Task Response in IELTS Writing Task 2? (TBC)
Meet our expert IELTS Coach
Simon Lawfull, Academic Manager Adult Courses (Speaker for TBC)
Simon has been teaching and training in IELTS for over 10 years and has taught in several teaching contexts in the UK, Australia, Spain, Vietnam and Hong Kong. Simon has a Master’s Degree in Applied Linguistics and TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages), as well as a Diploma in English Language Teaching. Simon’s particular area of expertise is in IELTS Speaking.
Tal Porter, Head of Adult Courses (Speaker for 22nd January 2020)
Tal is the Head of Adult Courses for British Council Hong Kong, and is responsible for the quality of delivery of all of our courses for Adult students. Tal has been teaching IELTS Preparation for over 20 years, and has extensive experience of the exam format and the required skills and strategies to best approach the test.
Wednesday 22nd January 2020
|Time||18.30 – 20.00 (please arrive 15 minutes in advance for registration)|
|Venue||British Council, 3 Supreme Court Road, Admiralty, Hong Kong|
|Language||The seminar will be conducted in Cantonese, apart from the "Meet our expert IELTS Coach" section, which will be conducted in English|
All attendees can receive a free English level test. If you register for an IELTS exam at the event, you will also benefit from the following offers:
- A limited edition IELTS Practise Test USB *
- Priority for booking the written test and speaking test on the same day*
- Special Offer for CDI with HKD100 Book Coupon*
*For IELTS exam registrants only
Terms and conditions
- The offer is only applicable for candidates registering for IELTS exam and/or IELTS Coach on-site after attending the seminar.
- In case of dispute, the British Council reserves the right of final decision.