Covid-19 updates for test takers
Following the directive on safe distancing issued by the Hong Kong government on 29 March 2020, we have re-designed our test layouts to ensure that test takers and staff maintain a 1.5 metre separation at all times. We have also adopted the important additional hygiene measures that have been advised by the government. Please click in the expandable section below for details of these.
The current situation for paper-based IELTS tests is that tests will run as scheduled. Test takers should read the test taker special measures (in the expandable section below) and be fully prepared to comply.
The current situation for computer-delivered IELTS tests is that tests will run as scheduled. Test takers should read the test taker special measures (in the expandable section below) and be fully prepared to comply.
*Computer-delivered IELTS tests centers with restrictions in place that meet the current Hong Kong government regulations on gatherings and social distancing (at a distance of 1.5m apart).
Please do not attend your test if:
- you are currently in a country or place that would face quarantine on arrival in Hong Kong, and are therefore are unable to travel to Hong Kong for the test
- you are under a 14-day compulsory quarantine, stay-at-home order, medical surveillance or a self-quarantine order, as specified by the Hong Kong Government
- you have a high temperature, persistent cough, difficulty breathing or other flu-like symptoms.
Paper-based IELTS tests are suspended until further notice
Computer-delivered IELTS tests is resumed normal
Re-scheduling and refunds
IELTS Test takers who have registered for a test can request to re-schedule their test date or take a refund through sending us email request (an administration fee will be deducted).
For more information, please refer to: https://www.britishcouncil.hk/en/exam/ielts/cancellation-refund-policy
Should you have further enquiries, please contact email@example.com.
Test report forms
- Test takers who have already taken their test will receive their TRF by mail.
- If results are urgently needed and it is 5 days since your computer delivered test or 13 days since your paper test then please email your test centre.
- Collection of TRFs at the test centre is not available.
For general information on Covid-19 in respect to studying in the UK and UK qualifications please see: https://study-uk.britishcouncil.org/moving-uk/coronavirus.
For more information or assistance, please contact our customer services team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are monitoring the situation very closely and will continue to take relevant measures in the days ahead.
More information on protecting yourself from Covid-19 can be found here:
Many thanks for your continued support and understanding at this difficult time.
The British Council in Hong Kong