From Monday 2 March, British Council buildings in Admiralty and Tsim Sha Tsui will start a limited and orderly return to operations (see opening hours here), with certain restrictions and precautions in place, as detailed below.
- We will temperature check all visitors on entry to our premises. Anyone with a body temperature of 37.3°C or above will not be allowed to enter the building
- All visitors must complete a health declaration form on arrival
- Prospective students of our English language courses should still take their placement tests online, where possible. Please check the details here
- IELTS test takers should NOT come to our buildings to pick up their Test Report Forms (TRF). All TRFs will be couriered free of charge
For UK school students returning to Hong Kong hoping to take GCSE and A-Level exams, please note that the British Council does not offer these in Hong Kong. Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority (HKEAA) is the exclusive delivery partner for Cambridge Assessment International Education, Pearson Edexcel and Oxford International AQA in Hong Kong. Please contact HKEAA directly.
We appreciate your cooperation and apologise for any inconvenience that these measures may cause, but please be assured that the health, safety and well-being of our customers, staff and the community in which we operate is our top priority.
Tests and exams
- Computer-delivered IELTS tests, professional exams, UK university and school entrance exams resumed in Hong Kong on a limited basis on 24 February.
- Paper-based IELTS tests resumed on 5 March. Test takers should arrive one hour before the start of the test, come equipped with their own mask and adhere to the additional hygiene measures in place.
- All Cambridge English tests are suspended until 20 April.
- Computer-delivered IELTS tests are suspended until 27 March
- Paper-based IELTS tests are suspended until April
Transfers and refunds are available for affected test takers by contacting the test centre at our customer service hotline: 2913 5100 or email: email@example.com.
Test report forms
- Test takers who have already taken their test will receive their TRF by mail.
- If results are urgently needed and it is 5 days since your computer delivered test or 13 days since your paper test then please email your test centre.
- Collection of TRFs at the test centre is not available.
We always observe rigorous standards of hygiene in our buildings and classrooms. We will continue to deep clean and disinfect all our rooms and shared materials, including toys and common surfaces, at the start of each day and in-between classes and exams; clean and disinfect hand contact surfaces, toilets and other facilities numerous times a day; make alcohol-based hand rub devices available in every room and communal areas of our buildings and encourage students, test takers and staff to use them proactively.
We are monitoring the situation very closely and will continue to take relevant measures in the days ahead.
More information on protecting yourself from Covid-19 can be found here:
Many thanks for your continued support and understanding at this difficult time.
The British Council in Hong Kong