At the British Council, the health and safety of all our staff, customers and the communities in which we operate is our top priority. We support and cooperate with all local government agencies to put all necessary measures in place to ensure the continued well-being of all with whom we engage in the course of our activities.
Following recent government directives to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Myanmar, the British Council offices are temporarily closed from 19 March to the end of April. In addition, please note the following:
- All English classes have been suspended from 18 March to the end of April, 2020. We are closely monitoring the situation and an update on all English classes (Primary Plus, Secondary Plus and Adult English classes) scheduled for April term/semester will be communicated to our students via email/ SMS by 10 April 2020. Our online English courses are accessible at all times and free of charge to all.
- Our libraries will be temporarily closed until the end of April. Members of our digital library can continue to access the site and our services at all times.
- We are currently reviewing our UK exams services in Myanmar. We will keep our candidates closely updated on our decision and plans.
- Candidates due to take computer-delivered IELTS will be allowed to enter our building upon presentation of their Statement of Entry and ID.
- We will be conducting temperature checks for all visitors to our test centres. Anyone who is found to have a temperate of 37.5 degrees Celsius or above will not be allowed entry and will be turned away to seek immediate medical attention, in line with local government advice.
- Similarly, all persons who feel unwell or have symptoms related to COVID-19 are requested to visit the nearest clinic or hospital immediately.
For enquiries or questions, please contact us through the following channels:
Exams Services: 09777001365 (9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday)
Library Services: 09777001830 (9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday)
English Courses: 09777001822 and 09777001808 (9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday)
Library Services: 09777001825 (9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday)
Exam Services: 09777001823; 09777001824; 09256114402 (9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday)
We wish everyone well during this challenging time, and thank you for your kind understanding and continued support.
The British Council (Myanmar)