At the British Council, the health and safety of our staff, customers and the communities in which we operate is our top priority. Thank you for working with us as we follow the advice of the health authorities and government in our response to the spread of Covid-19 in Malaysia.
The current situation for IELTS is that tests are running again as scheduled (at selected test centres in Klang Valley). Test takers should read the test taker special measures below and be fully prepared to comply.
Test takers can request to re-schedule their test date free-of-charge by up to six months, with a minimum of 24-hour's notice.
To re-schedule your test please complete a test date re-scheduling form and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send a confirmation within five working days.
Test taker special measures during the Covid-19 situation
All test takers must sign a declaration form at the entrance of the exams area on test day to declare that they are eligible to attend the test session.
Please do not attend your test if:
- you are under a 14-day compulsory quarantine, stay-at-home order, medical surveillance or a self-quarantine order, as specified by the Malaysia Government
- you have a high temperature, persistent cough, difficulty breathing or other flu-like symptoms.
Test takers under 18 years of age are strongly recommended to be accompanied by an adult until the necessary checks at the entrance of the test venue have been completed. If you are then excluded from the test, you and your accompanying adult must leave immediately. If you have not been given permission to leave the test venue unaccompanied, you will be escorted to a holding area until an adult comes to pick you up. Our staff will follow the British Council child protection policy and procedures when they proceed with this arrangement.
On test day:
- We advise you to report an additional 30 minutes prior to the previously specified arrival time of the test
- We are implementing temperature screening in the test venue before test takers enter the exams area. Test takers with symptoms of fever will not be able to take the test
- Please follow basic hygiene practices such as using hand-sanitiser provided on test day and regularly washing your hands
- Please maintain a one metre distance from other test takers or staff wherever possible
- You are welcome to/should bring with you, a face mask that covers your mouth and nose. You may be requested to remove this for identification or other purposes.
- For speaking tests staff and examiners may/will also wear a face mask. Neither the test taker nor the examiner can insist that the other remove or put on a mask for the purpose of the interview
- All test venues will be thoroughly cleaned prior to the start of the test. For computer delivered tests, equipment will be cleaned between sessions
After your test:
If you are diagnosed with Covid-19 within 14 days after you take your test, please report this to your test centre by email. This will help ensure we can communicate with other test takers and follow local health authority and government advice.
For general information on Covid-19 in respect to studying in the UK and UK qualifications please see: https://study-uk.britishcouncil.org/moving-uk/coronavirus.
For more information or assistance, please contact our customer services team at email@example.com or visit www.britishcouncil.my