Some of our IELTS test centres deliver the IELTS Speaking test via video call. This means greater flexibility in delivering IELTS Speaking tests, along with increased availability.
Test takers will take the Video-Call Speaking Test at an official IELTS test centre with the same high standards of identity verification. The tests will be exactly the same as the in-person Speaking test in terms of content, scoring, timing, question format and security arrangements.
Delivered by an IELTS Speaking Examiner, the VideCall Speaking Test will maintain the face-to-face features of the in-person Speaking test.
You can learn about the Video-Call Speaking Test in this video:
Useful tips for test takers:
- At the start of the test, the Invigilator will be with you to check and set up the test: testing the connection, checking the headphones and sound levels, verifying your ID with the Examiner and ensuring that you are comfortable to start the test.
- You will need to read the part 2 questions on the screen, so bring your glasses if you use them.
- Tell the Examiner if you cannot hear what they are saying at any point, so that they can repeat themselves.
- Ring the bell on the table at any time, if you need help from the Invigilator.
- When the test has finished, the invigilator will come and collect you from the test room.
The Video-Call Speaking Test is as simple as that, so sit down and make yourself comfortable in the test room! Click here to see the Video-Call Speaking test day journey.
The Video-Call Speaking Test is available to selected countries and test venue only, please contact your local test centre at email@example.com for more information.