All four sections of IELTS on computer are completed on the same day. The Listening, Reading and Writing sections of IELTS on paper are completed on the same day. The order in which these tests are taken may vary. There are no breaks between these three tests. The Speaking test, however, can be completed up to a week before or after the other tests.
We are committed to making sure that IELTS is available to everyone. If you have a special requirement, please register for IELTS on paper, as this format is available worldwide, and caters to all test takers regardless of need. If you select IELTS on computer, you will use a different registration system, and we will not be able to complete registration process.
Please choose the option you are most comfortable with: IELTS on paper or IELTS on computer.
IELTS on computer
What is new about IELTS on computer?
- Faster results – your IELTS results will be available 3-5 days* after the test
- More test sessions – test sessions available throughout the week
- More Speaking test timeslots - speaking timeslots available on the same day
- Last-minute test registration – registration will only close 4 days before the test date, subject to seats availability
- Marking – Reading and Listening sections will be auto-marked by computers while the Speaking test will remain to be graded by a trained IELTS examiner
- Listening test - headphones will be provided
* Results for IELTS on computer are usually available in 3 to 5 days after you finish all components of your test. Please note that if the results release day falls on a weekend or a public holiday, the test report form (TRF) will be distributed on the next working day.
What remains the same?
- Question types
- Level of difficulty
- Scoring from 1 (non-user) to 9 (expert user)
- Recognition by over 10,000 organisations worldwide
- Face-to-face Speaking test – conducted and assessed by a trained IELTS examiner