|About||Submitted entries||Application||FAQs||Terms and Conditions|
Share your university dream with us and win a one-way flight ticket to your dream university in any destination in 2019.
IELTS, being the most popular English language proficiency test for higher education and migration in the world with over 3 million test takers last year, is recognised by more than 10,000 organisations globally, including education institutions, governments, and private sectors. To celebrate the wide acceptance of IELTS test globally, we are launching the Dream University Contest to assist eligible students (contestants) to achieve their dream of studying abroad.
The contest is also a great opportunity for participants to polish their English speaking and presenting skills and develop their confidence in speaking and presenting for their university studies. Prizes will be awarded to successful contestants with outstanding English language, speaking and presenting skills.
- Online application period: 14 September 2018–15 December 2018
- Shortlisting and selection: 16 December 2018–2 January 2019
- Notification to winners: by 7 January 2019
- Winners to provide a university acceptance letter (or an unconditional offer letter): 19 January 2019
- Awarding the prizes: January 2019.
Three (3) winners: a one-way flight ticket to your dream university in any destination in 2019.
- Start your studies abroad in foundations, diploma, undergraduate or postgraduate level in 2019.
- Attend a higher educational institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements.
- Register for an IELTS test with the British Council Malaysia, on or after 1 July 2018 until 15 December 2018, and be able to produce a valid IELTS band score during application.
- Achieve an IELTS overall band score 6.0 and above.
- Be able to provide an acceptance/unconditional offer letter from the attending institution by 19 January 2019.
Contestants must make a video recording of themselves presenting the topic below in English:
How taking IELTS with the British Council will help you get to your dream university.
There is no limit or guideline on how to present the topic; contestants are encouraged to be as creative as possible.
The video should not be more than 2 minutes long.
Contestants will be evaluated in four (4) main areas, with a total score of 100.
- English Proficiency (scores out of 25)
- The quality of English language is good with a variety of correctly used vocabulary
- Good diction and good articulation
- Creativity (scores out of 25)
- The creativity and uniqueness of the content and presentation
- The originality of the content and presentation: have the panel seen it in other places before
- Link of the content with the actual application
- Presentation Skills (scores out of 30)
- Clarity of the presentation: how clearly the contestants speak and project their voice
- Presentation structure and organisation: a clear introduction, body and conclusion
- Body Language: exhibit good body posture and maintain good eye contact
- Timing: the length of the presentation
- Popularity of the video (scores out of 20) [votes are only counted during the promotional period]
- Less than 100 votes: score 5
- 101 to 300 votes: score 10
- 301 to 500 votes: score 15
- 500 or more votes: score 20.
Three (3) winners with the highest score will be selected by the judging panel from the British Council Malaysia.