Applications for the British Council IELTS Prize 2016/17 are closed.
The next application cycle will open in September 2017.
- Be a permanent resident of one of the countries in the East Asia region*
- Begin undergraduate or postgraduate study in or outside your home country in academic year 2017/18
- Attend a higher educational institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements
- Register for an IELTS test with the British Council on or after 1 April 2016 and be able to provide a valid IELTS score in the application form
- Have a minimum band score of 6 in each of the four component parts of the test
- Be able to provide an acceptance letter from the attending institution by 30 June 2017
- Applications are initially reviewed against the British Council IELTS Prize eligibility criteria, the personal statement and IELTS score
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to give a short presentation and be interviewed by a panel of senior managers and external raters from the higher education and/or corporate sectors.
- Three winners from each country in the East Asia Region will each receive a Local Prize
- The top student in each country will be shortlisted for the three Regional Prizes
- Shortlisted candidates for the Regional Prizes will have to further attend a panel interview via videoconference
In case of dispute, the British Council reserves the right to make the final decision.